2010年10月17日 星期日

我的西遊記 my Travelogue to the West (Part-2)

上接:  我的西遊記 my Travelogue to the West (Part-1)


 





After driving through the scenic Columbia River Gorge Highway, we went to another Japanese izakaya for supper.  CSC came from  home to join us. 


Breakfast of CSC's.  They are said to eat 3 meals a day.  I eat one or two, with snacks in between.



I think this 5-acre house is his son's, or was previously owned by csc.


Street trolley in Portland.  It runs like a bus, stops at red light.


The morning I was to leave for Sacramento.  We went to a very nice French Restaurant.


The face looks quite wrinkled, but years of experience enriched my mind and decisions, i.e. I am more stubborn!  The badge on my lapel is for my 3rd. degree black belt in TKD that I always cherished.



Hunter practices TKD as well, like Felix, Ben and other grand kids, Ashley, Dillon, and Jet.



Ben does the stationary cycling everyday and is very fit!  I have the cycling machine but do not use it as I should.



Carly used to practice TKD but is now into the gymnastics.



One thing that I feel most comfortable about both my boys, Felix and Ben, is that they care about their families so much!!!  Their children will grew up as law-abiding, up-right, hard-working, and very useful members of the society without doubt.



Phoen, a sister of Hanh, lives near Sacramento.  They can help each other to take care of the children.  And having relatives or friends help one another is very important in the life of US, or any other place in the world. 



Phoen and her daughter Sienne.  All three kids are doing so well at school.



Ben rolled all my food, Vietnamese style 潤餅, for me.  He felt his dad is getting so old and wanted to be nice to me.  And I do appreciate it.  But I am not that old, Ben!



Then, Liu Wen-pin and Yang-ching came to visit me.  They are the parents of famous Goodwin Liu, a nominee for the circuit court judge in California. WPL and I are family friends(世交), our fathers were classmates, and mothers were classmates.   They took me to a Japanese buffet restaurant (Mizu) and then to a Folsom Lake near Ben's house.  We had a long chat for 2 hours.  Before he left, I asked him to contact Wang Jeng-shiung and to ask Wongko to give me a call.  Wongko did call me back.  We somehow lost connection after I visited him at his farm house and huge land near Sacramento.  I am sure we all will meet again the next time I visit Sacramento.




The next day I came back to Plano (supposedly the safest town in the US!), Felix and Renee invited us to Osaka Japanese buffet Restaurant for my birthday lunch.  Ashley did not come.



So, this is my "Travelogue to the West" 我的西遊記。 (Digital photography is an amazing invention as internet in information transfer.)  There will be some more photo-travelogues.  For now, I am busy writing, i.e. translating and redacting, biographies of many ancient scholars related to microbiology and contagious diseases, everyday for fun.


 


8 則留言:

  1. 許醫師:你好像很喜歡日本料理!來日本、我一定請你吃「懷石料理」、有很被尊重?的感覺!
    你兒子很孝順呢!我都是女兒、男女都一樣吧!

    回覆刪除
  2. 最近幾個月都在忙著編寫傳記集,今天到這時才看到堆電郵。
    孩子是女孩比較體貼孝順哦!你很幸運!!
    我喜歡日本料理。不過也不能每天吃sashimi ,輪番吃。Hamburger還是很不錯。我對吃是主張要偶而吃好料理,每天吃龍蝦也會吃膩了!
     

    回覆刪除
  3. 許醫師:你真是精力充沛、照片上真是元氣十足、還為microbiologyan的ancient scholars 寫傳記、真佩服、我注文一冊(也可幫忙推鎖!)。許醫師是柔道三段?怪不得!大概可活命百歲了!

    回覆刪除
  4. 教授:

    您小兒子跟您長的比較像喔ㄆㄆ!!

    台灣今年冬天來的比較早..

    現在就很涼囉! 您11月份來台的時候..

    記得帶件小外套!!
                  weir~

    回覆刪除
  5. 我是練韓國式跆拳道(Tae-kwon-do)的。四十四歲才開始和小孩們一起在一家韓國教練的道館練習。每週平均三次,八年後離開返台,和小孩們一起練習。十年前TURP就沒有很積極地練了。
     
    我中學時好想加入一個運動社團哦。可是成功中學只有三民主義!!老師的大多數是KMT政軍的人,想來這種中學實在很可怕!!!
     
    我現在是編寫傳記入迷了,如果寫完,經過修繕,我一定先用電子郵件寄一份給你。翻看過去歷史,發現很多事,很有趣。我會顯十來篇登在BLOG上當作是preview。
     
     

    回覆刪除
  6. 現在台北的最高氣溫是約華氏八十度,相當熱。十一月可能會冷。擔心會有颱風。
     
    我會給你電話。很忙就不要勉強出來見我。可以帶妳去中山北路吃日本料理buffet。
     
    我的大姊夫中風,可是我們還是去他家住。

    回覆刪除
  7. 我11月上大夜班, 應該可以下班去一下..

    因為還有要補第2階上課課程..

    所以只好又去上大夜班囉..

    現在醫院缺大夜人員..

    因為無照的醫師要被fire,她們無法取代大夜助理工作了!!

    我可能要上半年左右的大夜班..

    等您回來再聊吧!

    我11月份班表也ˇ還沒有出來..

    我會在跟您聯絡..

    今天颱風真的來了!

    風大雨大>~<"~
                   weir~

    回覆刪除
  8. 忘了妳是不吃生魚片的!我們可以去吃別的。
    台灣每次颱風災害很大,以前似乎不是如此。
     

    回覆刪除